Albireo Astronomy Toolbox is an easy-to-use software for hobby astronomer. It is also suitable for education courses and astronomy-beginners.
Albireo Astronomy Toolbox contains various practical functions to prepare and document your trip through the starry sky. The set of functions embraces:
– a digital stellar map with a lot of filter and viewing options including horizontal views
– visualisiation of our solar system containing all planets, dwarf planets numerous asteroids and comets
– Intersection of a selected star to visualise the fusion zones of the core
– Position of a selected star within the Hertzsprung-Russell-Diagram
– 8-week-traces of planets, asteroids and comets in the sky
Telescope mounting & alignment support
– north calibration and manual telescope alignment to an astronomical object
– table views of astronomical objects of the integrated astronomical database
– share your own astronomical pictures with any object of the database
– date of rise, set and culmination of sun and moon
– opposition data of all outer planets of our solar system
– calculation of telescope parameters based on aperture, focal length and eyepiece type
– Conversion calculations for angle values
– Conversion calculation for km, AU, Lightyear und Parsec
– Calculation for digital image processing: Pixel and angle values of an astronomical object taken with digital SLR camera sensors
The Albireo Astronomy Toolbox is donationware. This means you can download & use the program without any license costs.
The author of this program suggests a small donation. E.g. for 5 € or a multiple thereof –
This will help to develop and publish the software in the future.