The astronomy software Albireo is an easy-to-use digital toolbox for hobby astronomer.
It is also suitable for education courses and astronomy-beginners.
The Albireo Astronomy Toolbox contains various practical functions to prepare and document your trip through the starry sky.
The set of functions embraces:
– a digital stellar map with a lot of filter and viewing options
– table views of astronomical objects of the integrated astronomical database
– join your own astronomical photos with objects of the database
– date of rise, set and culmination of sun and moon
– opposition data of all outer planets of our solar system
– support of north calibration and manual telescope alignment to an astronomical object
– visualisiation of our solar systems containing all planets, dwarf planets numerous asteroids and comets
– calculation of substantial telescope parameters based on aperture, focal length and eyepiece type
The Albireo Astronomy Toolbox is donationware. This means you can download & use the program without any license costs.
But the author of this program suggests a small donation. E.g. for 5 € or a multiple thereof.
This will help to develop and publish the software in the future.